Monday, January 24, 2011

Basin Water Feature






I decided that because I really don't have anywhere to put it in the house, and because it does have some damage and it was really cheap, that I would make a water feature out of the basin I bought the other day.

I rounded up a few items that we already had: white ceramic plant column bought at an antique auction at Tarago years ago, cement plinth found in shed when we moved in and a cupid/fish water spout bought at a garage sale $2. All I need now is the pump and away we go.

Mr T may not like me buying things, but he does like it when we can pull things together to make something on a whim from all the bits and pieces that we have around the place :)

This is our last week of holidays. Mr T struggled off to work this morning, next Monday the kids start school for the new year and I am back to work also. Enjoy your week, whatever you have planned.

7 comments:

petals and vintage said...

Hi Tamara, Wow, your bungalow is gorgeous. Clever girl making your water feature work out and keep hubby happy at the same time!

The colours really suit your home. All looks adorable. Pam x

A Treasured Past said...

@Bayside Rose Thanks Pam for your sweet comments, its nice to know that you like my paint colours. When we started painting 2 years ago, I had a lot of comments like 'Oh you are painting your house...long pause' hehe.

vintage mum said...

Hi
love the colour of your house I'm hoping to do something like that on our summer house it's very seaside, the water feature is great and for little cost :) Have a good last week.
Cate x

A Treasured Past said...

@vintage mum Hi Cate, how is your summer house coming along I'd love to see it. Tam

Nelly said...

I love that idea well done.

Lyndel said...

great idea .. looks fantastic. Must say the whole house looks fantastic.

A Treasured Past said...

Thanks everyone, you are too kind. But I must admit that not all the house it painted, she only has her face on at the moment :) I tell everyone it is like the harbour bridge, it will take us 10 years to paint from start finish and then we will have to start again ..hehehe