Saturday, April 30, 2011

The funniest thing happened...





Tracy this ones for you!!!!

hehehe....after a full morning shopping on Friday we (Mum, Dad, sister (Tracy) and I) arrived home. Dad was bending down on the floor counting coins, while mum and I went to the school to pick up the kids. When we got back Dad said that we was walking around and heard a strange flapping sound. Little did he realise that his shoe had a blowout...hahaha.

He continued to wear the said shoe for another hour before leaving to drive home. He tripped over some coins on the way out and the entire shoe base flew off halfway across the room.....well I nearly wet my pants from laughing I dare say.

I said that it was lucky that it wasn't his driving foot, otherwise mum would have to drive..which she never does. I suggested that he shouldn't pack these shoes for our England trip.

(the kids are counting coins from their money boxes for our trip....$740 so far, not bad hey!!)

Too funny I say....maybe you had to be there! Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

petals and vintage said...

Hi Tamara,

That happened to my son' shoes not long ago. The sad thing was he 'sellotaped' them up and wore them clubbing for a few more weeks! Can you imagine?? Asking for trouble I reckon.
Pam x

A Treasured Past said...

@Bayside Rose Hi Pam, that is so funny. I better not tell my dad that, he might try it. A few years back we were travelling down the coast and dad was eating a chupa chup and popped off his front tooth from his dentures. He super glued it back on but it didn't last..hahaha

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

If the tooth incident is anything to go by I BET your Dad took those shoes to the Cobbler to be fixed....They'll make it to England yet.... :o) !!

I hope you're having a WONDERFUL weekend Tam....!!!!!

Cheers for now TOT xxx

the old boathouse said...

So funny and I just read Pam's comment. It must be a teenage boy thing because my son did the exact same thing with big thick ugly tape right around the shoe. The kids are going great with the saving!! cheers Katherine

Unknown said...

I have a friend who planted flowers in her dads old boot!, its been in her garden for years and looks great..a creeping mossy type plant xx

*Maristella* said...

Hi Tamara! Povera scarpa...anche se sta ridendo!! Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

brismod said...

That happened to my son the last week of school before the Christmas school holidays!! I refused to buy him a new pair of shoes and he had to wear his blow out! xx

Catherine said...

Very funny Tam!! Rob has recently had a "fall off & flap" incident himself..glue didn't hold so put in some screws & glued again..too good to discard. that might have been a challenge for your mum if she'd had to drive : 0 Not bad at all in the money box department! Have a great week. Much love Catherine