Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's behind the new door you ask?

Mr T, a bona fide techno geek, was very pleased with himself for installing a new bin (I know, boredom) and building a new cupboard door in the kitchen. He even recessed the door to fit snugly inside the opening and chiseled it to add the hinges. He is so chuffed that he can’t stop opening and closing it and talking about it non-stop. He even made me take a photo!

Drum roll......here it is!




You are probably thinking, ‘what is all the fuss about?’ but Mr T is far from a handyman and he is as proud as a peacock and I have to give him credit where credit is due.

And you thought my blog was about treasure hunting, pretty things and collections...hahaha

9 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

Well done Mr T! My Mr is a brill handyman, but never gets anyhting finished. The stairs and landing that he started three and a half years ago are still only half sanded, half stripped, half painted, stairs partly replaced ... M x

vintageandart said...

Geek with a hammer are not usually words that go together (hehe!!) so who can blame him for strutting like a peacock, what a sterling job he's done and l love the pressed metal insert, it really looks fantastic.

Nelly said...

MR T youve done it again !!!! well done old chap well done do keep it up.I havnt got a handy man boo hoo so am jealous

Lyndel said...

oh well done Mr.T. like Nelly, I too am handman-less... and I'm not very good doing things myself either!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Well, its good to give them a bit of credit sometimes! Nice work!
Liz

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I like the design on the door well done indeed!

Gracie's Cottage said...

Lucky you to have someone that's interested in doing a project....and did it - looks great!

Jan

Unknown said...

The door of your bin is rather special I think! and so nice that you can shut the bin in the cupboard and you don't have to look at it. well done Mr T!
Sophie xx
P.s thanks for your kind words re new blog! means alot xx

Nicolas Mata said...

Thank you for wwriting this